Recipe | Our Perfect Baked Vegan Spinach Lasagna
My husband made lasagna before and it was delicious so we decided to make it together again and write the recipe! Finally I’m uploading this, sorry it took forever for those who have been waiting. Honestly, because we forgot how long we baked it the first time, it took us a while to make another one and jot down everything we did. That’s why it took long for the recipe to come out LOL. The official recipe will be the one we made recently which includes soy chorizo because it was absolutely delicious!
So here’s the dang perfect baked vegan lasagna recipe you came here for!
THIS BLOG POST INCLUDES AFFILIATE LINKS! Making a purchase through one of my links gives me some change, at no extra cost to you!
Perfect Baked Vegan Lasagna w/ Soy Chorizo Recipe
- Lasagna (We used the Simply Balanced oven ready Target brand) [Buy it!]
- Marinara Sauce (we used any that are vegan)
- Butter (we use Earth Balance) or oil [Buy it!]
- Spinach or Kale
- Reynoldo’s Soy Chorizo [Buy it!]
For the Cheese blend:
- Ricotta Cheese (we used Tofutti) [Buy it!]
- Cashew Cheese (recipe below)
- Parsley Flakes
Optional (what we used for the first lasagna which wasn’t as good as the second):
- Plain Yogurt (we used Kite Hill)
- Mozzarella Cheese (we used some random aged one)
For the Cashew Cheese:
- 1 1/2 cups of cashews
- 1/2 of lemon juice (cut it in half and squeeze one half lol)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt.
- 1 tsp turmeric
- chili powder ( as much as you like)
For the Marinara Sauce (optional but makes the sauce taste better):
- Fresh Rosemary
Step 1: Making Cashew Cheese
Make the Cashew Cheese first! First, soak cashews in water for 5 to 10 min. You can make the marinara sauce and prepare other things while you wait for them to soak. Add them in a blender with the water used to soak them with. Put in:
- lemon juice, garlic powder, turmeric, and chile powder, onion powder and salt. Blend.
Step 2: Making The Cheese Blend
Okay I’m not an expert at cooking but you know that perfect lasagna that has the perfect cheese? Well we tried making it and these are the steps we took to make it. First, Add the cashew cheese in a small bowl. (Recipe above) Then, add:
- Parsley and Ricotta Cheese, mix. Optional: Yogurt and Mozzarella Cheese
You’re gonna need a lot of ricotta to make it delicious! We didn’t have enough, so we just used what we had which was maybe 1/2 a cup.
Step 3: Perfect Sauces
So we added some ingredients to the marinara sauce. We also tried perfecting the cheese, here’s images!
This image is from the first lasagna we did, which was amazing but still the second one is much better. I feel it was better only because we added the Chorizo and didn’t add the Chao Slices on the top layer at the end.
preheat oven for 340 degrees.
Next you can start layering!
Step 4: Layering and Making the Perfect Baked Vegan Lasagna!
Step 1: Layering.
- First, add some butter all over the pan, or oil if you have no vegan butter.
- Then, add a thin layer of your marinara sauce.
- Second, add the first layer of lasagna! Put that baby on there, make sure they’re not touching the sides. I believe they get hard if they do.
- Then, once you put the first layer, add a thin layer of sauce again.
- Add 3 spoons of cheese blend (see step 2) and spread it a bit flat (images below!)
- Next, add your greens and chorizo!
Do the steps over until you get to the top of the pan, but leave some room! We made 5 or 6 layers. On the last layer, you’re gonna add your extra cheese and Parsley Flakes to make it even tastier. IF you like gooey cheese, add cheese slices! We used the Chao Cheese and put 2 different flavors the first time we made this. We didn’t like it much so no images here. It’s only due to the fact we didn’t like the Vegan Chao Cheese, it tastes much better with the Ricotta cheese blend we made.
For the perfect lasagna like we made it the second time, just add the remaining Cheese mix/blend and some parsley flakes to top it off. It will look like the image below!
To describe the taste, I would say it is flavorful, tasty, creamy, soft, easy to eat so if it’s hard for you to eat and you need to eat softer things, I recommend this. I really think you should make this dish with someone because it is just sooo fun!
Step 5: Bake your Perfect Baked Vegan Lasagna!
So now that you did all the layering, you’re going to want to bake! Make sure to Preheat the oven on 345 degrees while you’re layering. And once you’re done layering, add it in that oven! 45 to 55 minutes is enough, I know it’s long so maybe turn up the heat while preheating??
Let that baby sit for 10 minutes so you don’t burn your precious taste buds!
Take a pic, send it to me and enjoy JK, but enjoy!
That’s all folks. Thanks for reading my perfect baked vegan lasagna recipe –
It was soo good my husband and I were super duper amazed by it. I wanted to make it a second time the night that I was leaving back to Chicago (I’m editing this while I’m waiting for my friend at the airport) and we didn’t have time to make another one, but that’s okay. Just the memory of this one is enough, LOL.
Previous Post: Set up a blog with Siteground hosting! (for you guys who want to make money blogging!)