Movies | 20 Romantic films to Watch with Someone You Love
Save This to Pinterest
20 Romantic Movies To Watch with a Soulmate
1. AmélieI watched this movie alone and was okay with that because the main actress (Audrey Toutou) is so relatable so I didn’t feel like an odd girl watching it by myself. I’ve seen it about 5 times already because it’s just that good. It’s a cute story of a french girl who meets a guy and the way they communicate is so unique. I would love to re-watch this with my husband since we’ve only watched it before we met each other and while we were long distance. It’s a movie I recommend to everyone!
I recommend seeing this with your partner! It is so cute and it made me cry. Personally, I tend to cry when movies are relate-able and make me want to love the people in my life more. You should watch this movie because it is on Youtube with English subtitles lol (linked below).
This one was pretty sad and cute. The main actress is one of my favorites tbh, and I’m going to re-watch this one because I kind of forgot what happened.
This is one of my favorites by English director and actor Richard Ayoade. I saw it by myself but it was so cute I wanted to watch it again with my husband. I love Jordana so much too!
BTW, the image I used for my Pinterest pin above is from this movie!
6. TannaSource: VanityFair Tanna was a very beautiful movie I saw in 2017, with bae of course. His friend he worked with told us about this movie so we were so happy to see that it wasn’t bad at all and that he has taste in films LOL. It was basically a modern day romeo and juliet. Tanna follows a boy and a girl who are in love, but their tribes forbid them to see each other. The movie is amazing because the people have never acted before but are so amazing and better than most actors today. It’s so sad but as I was doing research for this, I found that the male lead died :/ So sad since they probably were married in real life.
Q10 (it’s on youtube).
8. GiganteFor some people, Gigante can be a bit creepy or too slow. I thought it was cute and the main character comes off as charming to me. He ends up saving the girl in a way, and it’s much better of a story than those where the guy ends up hurting the girl. I think it’s an ideal love story for the usual guy who might think he shouldn’t GO FOR IT. I’m glad he just stalked her mildly and didn’t do anything too creepy. There’s almost no dialogue which is not like something I’ve ever seen before. A movie from Uruguay that did not disappoint me one bit and I recommend it since it’s not your typical romance. It’s still great for this romantic movies to watch list, but I recommend it for couples who like experiencing weird movies together or friends who want to watch something different!
Spoiler “Kiss” Scene:
11. Today’s Kira-Kun
13. OrangeI teared up watching this one. I asked Alexander if he did too and he said no, so I said I didn’t either cause I didn’t want to seem so sensitive. Anyway, it’s a tear jerker! There’s a twist, of course, most J-dramas do. I liked this movie so much and I might end up watching the anime version just to see for myself which one is better. If you’re interested in watching Jdramas, I recommend kissasian and using the site called Rabb.it. It’s perfect to use when you’re worried about getting viruses on your laptop.
14. The NotebookWhat’s a romantic movies to watch list without The Notebook! Girls cry and guys cry! Tears don’t make a movie great, but to me, it tells me I enjoyed it. I put this movie off for years thinking it was just a chick flick. I’m not wrong, it is and it looks like one, but this one is so well made. The only reason I got myself to finally watch it was because I was enjoying a lot of Ryan Gosling films, but I didn’t watch this one yet even though everyone talked about it. Anyways, don’t be like me and not watch this movie just because it looks like those bad chick flicks, cause it’s not bad at all! I made my husband watch it when we were long distance and he cried too lol!
15. Paper HeartI feel like paper heart would have been so amazing if it were longer. I was really looking forward to the documentary part of it but it turned more into a story, like it says in the pic lol. It was cute and worth watching, nonetheless. Charlene Yi is a comedian I followed on twitter and Alexander suggested we watch it and I was shocked that it had her in it! Didn’t realize she was also an actress. The story/documentary is about searching for love and if love even exists.
16. One Week FriendsThis movie is so cute, that’s it. I’m gonna watch the anime to see if it’s as cute too. It belongs in this romantic movies to watch list because of how sweet it is. I always like the high school romance type of movies and shows because that’s when love really is the most pure and sweet. The actress is my favorite and I do love this pair as well. Somehow I like the male lead in movies with the female lead from Orange. Do you guys like match making too? I always catch myself doing that even before I decide to watch something. If the couple doesn’t look cute together, I just ignore the movie/show. Anyways, let me know if you like this one!
This leads me to the next movie, Ponyo! This studio ghibli film is one of my favorites. You can say it’s like The Shape of Water, but more happy and cute and less dark. I really love stories of human and non-humans interacting. I guess it doesn’t really fit into this romantic movies to watch list, but I think you can still watch it with people you love and you will feel great! If you think anime is weird, but still watched The Lego Movie, Bee Movie or whatever else, then you really need to venture out and give yourself a chance lol
This one me and my husband saw together, I know we watch the cheesiest Japanese movies, but they’re freaking cute and funny. In this one, there’s a bad boy and he asks this cute girl to be his girlfriend. It’s just random and funny and makes me feel so okay with life lol. This movie is questionable at times, but that’s what makes me love Japanese movies so much.
More romantic movies to watch together!:
For more you can check out this list in my letterboxd!
Thanks for reading 20 romantic movies to watch!
After going through this list, I realized I want to re-watch a lot of them so hopefully you find something you like or want to re-watch too If you want, you can add me on letterboxd (movie lists) or mydramalist also check out my bucket list where i list movies and shows i need to watch!!
Last post: QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR HUSBAND